Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Best Oven Cleaner Ever and its Cheap and Non Toxic

( This is the picture After I cleaned it . You can see there are still some spots left .. had I let the mixture sit over night It would have probably gotten it all squeaky clean )
Granted this was not my idea .. however it is brilliant.
My oven has nearly set my house on fire the last few times I have tried to use it because of all the gunk built up on it . I have been meaning to clean it but keep forgetting or dont have oven cleaner.
So I googled " Non Toxic Oven Cleaner " .... and came up with this site " how to make a non toxic cleaning kit "
I modified the plan a bit because I did not have time to leave the mixture over night .
The recipe calls for
1 cup or more baking soda
Water
A squirt or two of liquid detergent

So what i did was sprinkle the oven with Baking Soda then sprayed it with water to let it start soaking. I let it sit for about 2 hours. Then I sprayed it with a bottle of water, liquid dish soap and lemon juice that I already had made up ( Used from this site ) to clean with and sprayed it down to make a paste .
To me SHOCK this works like a charm ! Fastest easiest oven clean up ever ! It actually would have worked 100% better had I left it over night.

TIP : After I finished this process up i used the stove. Be sure and Rinse the baking soda REALLY REALLY WELL or it turns brown in the oven !! ( Not that I know from experience or anything LOL )

No comments:

Post a Comment