Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Brussel Sprouts Salad and BLT Wonton Cups

I thought I hated Brussels sprouts up until a few months ago . A friend of mine and I were at a diner and she ordered them . I told her how nasty they were and the waiter said " OH you have to try ours I hate Brussels sprouts and love ours " So i tried them and
he was right , I loved them .
So I took to pinterest to try to find a comparable recipe. What I came up with was possibly even better . Couscous and Brussels sprouts salad ! Its AMAZING ! The recipe is from Eat Live Run and can be found here . I Have made it a couple times. Since I have a lap band I cant eat a lot of pasta, rice or bread, so i thought the couscous would work for me . WRONG ! So today i tried it with Quiena and it worked out just fine for my stomach ! This is probably not the best picture of it but here is what it looks like .

Also on the menu tonight , another pinterest inspiration . BLT Wonton Cups . Very simple and really good. My meat and potatoes husband even liked them .I found these while menu planning for the week on Hungry Girls website. She has some really great recipes that are healthy ! The recipe can be found here ! The picture of this did not turn out well. I really need to take better pictures of my food !

No comments:

Post a Comment