Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dryer Balls ( DIY )

Along w/ the pinterest obsession I am cheap! Although i have not done it in a few months I am a coupon freak . NO I dont extreme coupon , however I coupon in order to save my house money .
For instance even though I have not couponed since December, I have not bought toilet paper, laundry detergent, paper towels, shampoo , soap and other toiletries since December because of my stock pile.
So that being said I came across a post for hand made dryer balls. These were made of wool , had to be felted and well were a lot of work . Granted they could have been done. What is the point of dryer balls ? They save money in dryer sheets for one, they make your clothes fluffy and save on the amount of time you have to dry your clothes. So I cam across this link for DIY Dryer balls . Dryer balls made out of stray socks ! I mean come on . Who does not have thousands of stray socks laying around. With 2 boys and a husband I know I sure do . I followed the directions and in a matter of 5 minutes made 5 of them !
However,I like my laundry to smell good too. I am a Lush Cosmetics Freak . So I got to thinking , I could crush up a bath bomb that I love the smell of put it in the middle of the sock and see if it will scent the laundry . The load I am currently doing has the bath bomb in it . So far its at least scenting my house nicely . I assume its doing the same for my laundry ! I will post the out come when its done !!

No comments:

Post a Comment